Sunday, November 22, 2015

pinterest food finds. quick and easy ground beef stroganauff

photo/recipe credit: terrell family fun
I have to be truthful we haven't had ground beef in a while--I've switched to using ground turkey so that's what I used!  And instead of beef boullion I used chicken soup base from my FAVORITE spice place.  (I had a friend who went to culinary school turn me on to them, and I haven't looked back since!)  anyway, I normally use a different recipe but couldn't find it and was in a hurry.  I was happy to find this on Pinterest:

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. Ground Beef
  • 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 8oz Sour Cream
  • 1 tsp. Onion Powder
  • 1 tsp (or one cube) Beef Bouillon
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 Package of Egg Noodles
Instructions
  1. Bring a large pan of water to a boil and cook the full package of egg noodles.
  2. While the pasta is cooking, brown the ground beef until fully cooked, Drain.
  3. Return the ground beef back to medium heat and add in the mushroom soup, sour cream, onion powder, beef bouillon and water. Mix together well and let simmer lightly, stirring occasionally.
  4. Optional - Add salt to desired taste
  5. I leave the sauce simmering lightly until the pasta is done cooking.
  6. Drain pasta and plate
  7. Pour sauce over pasta and serve!


1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh this sounds GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!