Sunday, December 28, 2014

pinterest food find. corn fritters.

last week I made black bean soup, I wanted to have something corn like to go with it.  I have tried to make corn bread but my family doesn't like it as much as I do so I wanted to try and make corn fritters--truth be told I have NEVER made them before.  So I plugged in corn fritters and came up with this recipe:
credit goes to: KitchMe
3 cup oil, for frying
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
12 tsp salt
14 tsp white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
12 cup milk
1 tbsp shortening, melted
1 can (12 ounce) whole kernel corn, drained


Directions

  1. Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture. Mix in corn kernels.
  3. Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.

*I decided I want to have my fritters taste a little more corn like so I subbed in 1/4 cup of corn meal and lowered my cup of all purpose flour to 3/4 cup--it was yummy!  I might even make it half and half next time!*


1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh this sounds YUMMY!!!!