Wednesday, April 30, 2014

sports insulated/brag cup.

wanted to share with you real quick a challenge I  shared on the American Crafts blog last week:
How to: Gather supplies to use on the project. Make sure that your supplies aren't too bulky as their is a limited amount of space that it can fit in to. Clear insulated cups can be purchased at craft and hobby stores and online.

I printed my pictures at 2x3" then cut them down to 2x2 1/2". If you are using just one picture you can leave it at 4x6".
 
I carefully removed the mask that came with the clear cup. Then using a pencil I traced it on my background paper and cut it out.

After I cut it out I carefully folded it and inserted in the cup to make sure everything lined up, and to see which part of the paper would be covered over, I measured about 1/4" and traced a line which I covered with a piece of patterned paper. This let me have a visual of how much space I had to scrap on.
 
 I matted each photo with patterned paper and adhered it to the background making sure to follow the curve of the cut of paper. 
 
I then embellished the "page" with cork stars, sequins, patterned paper, washi tape, punches, and mist. I then sewed on my page to add another layer of dimension but not bulk.
 Before placing my page in the cup I carefully rolled it so that it would have some "memory" to be placed in the cup.  
 
I then placed my page inside the space of the cup. This part is tricky but I was patient and pushed slowly.
 I gave this fun cup to my hubby--and he LOVES it!  Thanks for the visit today--make your day a GREAT one!!


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is sooo awesome!!! Love this idea with the photos!