Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How we do Christmas around here....Need, Want, Wear, Read

Okay, I don't like wrapping gifts--it could possibly be because I wait until the last moment--why do I wait? it's not like I don't have tape and wrapping paper...  This year while picking up some other things at my local Walmart I ran across this:
guess what?  I like wrapping presents now!  It's just like a tape runner AND it lets you have as much tape as you want--you are in control.  My kids can even use it and like it!

Tonight I am going to a cookie exchange and I'm taking my most favorite cookies!  My mom used to make these for us and I REALLY like Molasses.  here is the recipe:


Joe Froggers

Cook 10 minutes at 375 degrees
#1 SIFT:
8 cups flour 1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ginger ½ tsp allspice
#2
¾ cup water 1 Tbsp Rum flavor
#3
2 tsp. baking soda 2 cup molasses
#2 CREAM:
1 shortening 2 cup sugar
Add ½ of 1,2,3; repeat.  Chill for at least 3 hours.  Roll out on a floured surface ¼” thick, cut with cookie cutters.  If it gets to warm  chill again.

A few years ago my friend inspired me to SIMPLIFY Christmas with a focus.  a NEED, a WANT, a WEAR, and a READ.  I did it last year for the first time and it worked out AWESOME, it was like a serious weight was taken off my shoulders.  Christmas should be joyous!

Lastly I have a picture of one of my gifts, simple easy and QUICK to make!  (no worries this person doesn't read my blog!)
closeups:
 I bought the frames at Big Lots, didn't have to do anything to them they were perfect just the way they are.  The paper is October Afternoon, and glitter paper I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I used my cricut to cut out the letters.  The flowers I bought a few years ago, I think they are prima....

Thanks for the visit, I know it's a little random--but I have been described as RANDOM. :)

3 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

What a beautiful gift! I love the glitter letters. That tape dispenser looks so cool--will have to check that out. I too am notorious for leaving the wrapping until the last minute.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love those frames!!! Loving all that every year I tell myself that I WILL buy that hands free tape...and EVERY year, I forget! LOL!!:):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

The JOY frames look great! The cookies sound yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!