Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Today with my Dad....

My assignment for this month for Scrapbook Circle was to use the studio calico classic studio scrap pads:
I didn't want to just use them for journaling so I made flowers!
yes, a closeup:
 I had to experiment a little bit but came up with these lovelies--for the center I used the twine in the kit.  The scallop along the bottom of the layout are from the chat/talk bubble.  I just snipped off the pointy part....
The misting was just SO fun I used a pink paislee mistable for the mask and chalk white tattered angels for the mist.
a little note about these pictures.  these were taken in June in Washington state next to the Puget Sound in one of my FAVORITE places in the whole world.  Anyway, I was testing out my new lens and had my mom shoot these pictures--love that they're with my dad.  Don't really have to many together so the ones I do have are treasures.  I know I need to do better about taking my picture with my family members--I just DON'T like to be in front of the camera!  Do you feel like that?!
well, I've gotta run!  Thanks SO much for the visit!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee those photos, the masked branch and love love love those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

sophie said...

great job Diana!! this is a very creative way of using thoses tags!! wwould not have thought about it myself!! I love the photos too, very touching.

Rebecca Keppel said...

So many fabulous touches! love the misting and those handmade flowers and sweet photos of you and your Dad. I also dont like to be in front of the camera, but you are very photogenic!

Diane Payne said...

Oh my goodness, this is absolutely beautiful! I especially love your handmade flowers and misted branch!