Monday, June 20, 2011

last week through my lens.....

this special small town is the town where my grandma lives, where my mother grew up.  these are the things which I treasure and was happy to capture through the lens of my camera:
her front door:
her deck which has wonderful views:

she loves to feed the birds:
I will always remember her house for their wind chimes, this particular one came home with me:


 her wonderful garden:
 the ferry:
 yes, that is a prison....far...far...away...that water ICE cold....
 the narrows bridge:
 yes, that is a raccoon, I nicknamed him fatty...I shot this with my telephoto lens ready to run....
 around town, they have historical houses:
 
 
the trains run right behind her house:
 the flowers are not native to AZ:
 the ocean changes so quickly:
 the sky was covered with clouds and parted a little to give a peak at what color the sky was:
 Love the view at night:
 And the last view I had before I came home, those are the Olympics peaking out behind the islands, the first time I saw them the whole time I was there....
 it was a wonderful trip visiting with family remember someone special.  Also, catching some things on "film" that are captured in my mind....

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you really got some beautiful shots with your new lens. You must be loving it. Such a beautiful place...so green!

Rebecca Keppel said...

beautiful photos! I love the flowers :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I just loveeeeeeeeeeeee these!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Audrey Yeager said...

Diana these are just amazing!!!!!! You make me want to get out there with my camera! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I totally love ALL of these photos.... AND... Just wanted to stop into your blog and tell you that I am looking forward to working with you on the Cardabilities July - September Design Team...see you there!

Diane Payne said...

This is such a beautiful post! You've captured some beautiful memories!

Tina said...

Great pics Diana! And even more beautiful that they hold special memories for you!