Tuesday, April 26, 2011

what I learned last week....

I hit the jackpot with photography tips, and photoshop tips last week.  They are easy enough that I can follow them!  I thought I'd pass them on to you in case you wanted to expand your knowledge base. :)
1. Photoshop tips on creating a collage can be found HERE.
I played with this several times so that I wouldn't forget.....
2. Taking pictures of people with glasses can be found HERE.
I still need to work on this....but I'm getting there.
3. Understanding lighting can be found HERE.
This was VERY helpful for me.  I was SO excited to find this--still trying to figure out what I'm doing with my camera, and don't really want to use my flash.

I created last week but it was mostly taking pictures and editing them.  Sure was fun figuring out where to stand for pictures!  Hope that this little bit of info helped you out too!

OH, this is what is in the crock pot right now:

Janalynn's Black Beans (I don't know who Janalynn is, this is just what it's called....)
2lbs. Black beans, sorted and rinsed (not soaked)
1 large white onion, minced (can chop into chunks if you want)
1 bulb garlic, minced
1 jar green salsa
1 can El Pato sauce
1 tsp. Cumin seeds (NOT powder)
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
2 Tbsp. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Chili powder
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 cubes chicken boullion
8 cups water

stir well to combine. set slow cooker on high for 6-8 hours or until beans are tender.

should be YUMMY!
Thanks for popping in and visiting!!

4 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Yummy! That sounds soo delish!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Thanks for the links... going to have to look into that one about the photos/glasses :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Great photo tips. Those beans sound really good.

Rebecca Keppel said...

thanks for the links and the recipe sounds SO yummy!