Saturday, April 2, 2011

sketchy thursdays 3.31

so I saw this sketch and knew I wanted to use it!
I found this funny photo in my stash.  I know I didn't take it, in fact I know that it came from one of the many disposable cameras we have had.  I had no idea when it was taken, but I did some super sleuthing.  I know that my middle boy took the picture, my youngest is wearing a white shirt--it must have been a Sunday.  The year?  notice the glasses my boy is wearing?  they are actually my daughter's, so that helped me figure out the year as she gets knew frames yearly.  oh, and I flipped the sketch!
 I squeezed in another layout with the scraps of the Hello Sunshine kit from Scrapbook Circle.  I'm telling you it is AWESOME!  I can't even tell you my favorite thing in the kit, there are just SO many fun embellishments and papers.
*I didn't mention that the sponsor for sketchy Thursdays is Scrapbook Circle!!  you have to try and win this kit!!  I promise you will love it!*

for those that have been wondering.  the test run of the crock pot was a success!  I didn't have anything really exciting, but I had some pork chops and italian salad dressing.  put it on low and cooked it for the prescribed time--yum!

life has been SO crazy busy with soccer, a few more weeks and it will be all over.  Weird.  the weather has been so hot we turned on our air already--last year the temperature was 68 degrees--yeah it's pushing 100. yuck--not quite ready for the hotter weather.  ah, well. it is what it is.

so enjoying the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints General Conference this weekend.  being spiritually fed is awesome!
thanks for popping in! hoping you are enjoying your weekend.

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love love love this Diana! I loveeeeeeee the photo and loving how you flipped the sketch!! AWESOME take on it!!!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

chickadee3357 said...

Cute LO! Love the little quote bubbles. Also enjoying Conference this weekend. :) Hope your Sunday is lovely!

Nati Tristan said...

I am in love with the word clouds! Wonderful work! Love it! Very Fun!

corrie said...

Great layout! I love your layering and the pretty colors! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Super cute!!! Isn't it the best when they say "this is the best day ever!" ? I love how you flipped it and made it yours! xoxo

Unknown said...

What a fun picture find! Those quote bubbles are perfect for this. Hope you have a great conference weekend.

Hannah said...

ooh lovely LO, love the colours and fun feeling to the page :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

Super cute! Love your take on the sketch :)