Thursday, September 9, 2010

OH, echo park--I LOVE you! :)

Echo Park is somewhat new and I LOVE it--I mean EVERY line they have come out with has been a hit! (And I own like everyone except one!--And I think I'm going to call to see if my LSS has it!)
Anyway, I created this layout using 3 of their line together (Happy Halloween, Sweet Summertime, and Life is good) AND using a sketch from Page Maps:
In keeping with using my own stash, I also found this bit of black tulle, and my coffee filter flower was something I made for another project and never used--PERFECT for this layout!
And yes, I HAD to use some stickles--they are on the butterfly too!
LOVE this color combo AND my daughter liked this layout too--Double bonus!! :)

It's starting to cool down here--SO glad for that! It was like 68 degrees at 6 am! I decided my workout today would be getting the dirt mixture for my garden ready. I know that sounds strange for you if you live where you get snow--we don't so we get two planting seasons. Also, my daughter is going to be working on a project for church she needs it to be 10 hours long. She is well on her way! AND we WILL have something to show for it this time! I replanted my only surviving plant from my last attempt--my Basil plant. I hope I didn't kill it this morning when I transplanted it. I'm exhausted and still need to run a few errands, shin guards and shoes for soccer and a trip to the school for the book fair--I LOVE the book fair! I went yesterday with my youngest DS and now my middle guy wants me to go. :)
I hope that you have a GREAT one today! Thanks for stopping in!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful page! That flower is gorgeous.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS!! I love love love love all the PINK and LOVING that flower! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Noelle Johnson said...

Hi Diana,

Wasn't the weather this morning perfect? I cannot wait to hear how your garden grows. My basil plant is the only plant that I have left from this spring and I used some for dinner this evening :-)

Jamie Harder said...

I totally agree...LOVE echo park:-) :-) I am jealous though, I only have ONE line!!!! LOVE this page....the pink and black look awesome and the tulle is fab!

Unknown said...

Such a fun layout! Nice work combining 3 different paper lines. Good luck with your garden.

bethchien said...

great take on that sketch!
love!!

emelyn said...

This is wonderful! I love what you did with the tulle, I have so much of that stuff sitting around, I'll have to do what you did..staple it! Your daughter is adorable!

Audrey Yeager said...

Have you gotten the Christmas lines yet???? I can't wait to get those!!! I LOVE the black tulle touch and the strings from your butterflies!!! just so pretty!!!