Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dinner last night

So I was watching Family Feud with hubby during his lunch break for work....and I saw this commercial for Campbell's soup, it had a picture of Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo.  Looked totally yummy!  That's what we had for dinner last night.  Here is the recipe:

1/2 to a lb. of linguine (I used angel hair spaghetti)
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
2 Tbsp. butter (I didn't add this because my chicken was canned)
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Prepare linguine according to the package directions.  Add the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking.  Drain linguine mixture well in a colander.

Heat the butter in a 10" skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often.  

Stir the soup, milk, cheese, black pepper and linguine mixture in the skillet.  Cook until mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally. Serve with additional Parmesan Cheese.

*Okay, for my tips: when I make this again I will double the amount of the sauce and broccoli, (I used 1 lb. of spaghetti)The sauce was tasty but there didn't seem like there was enough.*

EVERYONE ate it with no complaint so this is another option to just plain old spaghetti in my house! :)

1 comment:

Theresa C said...

That sounds so yummy! Plus, I am always looking for a way to sneak broccoli into my kids :).

Here is the link to the site where I found my LDS button :
http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/2007/10/free-link-buttons.html