Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Birthday gift

This project is a birthday present for my sister-n-law, (no she doesn't look at the blog....if she does, well HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mindy!)  Her birthday is Friday, I was excited how quickly this all went together.  I bought this frame on Clearance at Target a while back, and these papers were out for another project, and my SIL LOVES orange, so I thought how perfect!

Simple steps to do a frame:
1. painted the edges
2. Trace the size of the paper on the opposite side of the pattern paper and cut.  
3. For the center part (where the picture goes) I traced and cut with my X-ACTO again.
4.  Adhere pattern paper to frame, I then used an X-ACTO knife to trim the edges closer.
5. After the glue is dried a little, I embellished the pattern paper with stickles, and flowers with jewels.
Easy Peasy!

I also made a matching card, and this was all from one sheet of 12x12 paper!  (the flowers were cut from a seperate scrap, but could've been cut from the same paper.)

Supplies: 
Frame: Prima
Paper: WeR Memory keepers
jewels: Hobby Lobby
glitter glue: stickles, ranger

1 comment:

Theresa C said...

These turned out beautifully! Love the paper :)