Saturday, August 30, 2008

Turkey and my cricut

I was playing around with my cricut the other day and figured out the measurements for this little guy:

I made this just using the George cartridge. The plaque I bought at dollar tree last year, but you could use chipboard and cut it into any shape you wanted, and crop-a-dile some holes for your ribbon.

For the measurements: For the body I cut the regular oval at 5 1/2" on real dial size for the head I cut the circle at 1 1/2" real dial size, for the beak I cut the diamond set at 1" on paper saver (I cut the diamond in half), the Gobble part is actually the parenthesis (just one side) cut at 2 1/2" on paper saver, the feathers are cut with the skinny oval, the back feathers are set at 3 1/2", and the front feathers are 3" both on paper saver.

I inked all the edges, and for the feathers I folded them in half to give dimension. I sewed around the body to give him some dimension and hold the feathers down. I loved this because I don't have to many decorations for Thanksgiving, and now I have one more!  I made this for the contest over at BBTB.

supplies:

pattern paper: pink paisley, October afternoon

card stock: bazzill

googly eyes: unknown

letter stickers: making memories

button: unknown

6 comments:

Sparklinbecks said...

what a great looking turkey! You are so creative!!

Theresa C said...

I am in love with your turkey.. . just don't tell Dave! :) Seriously, I love that he has striped and polka dot feathers! Stripes and polka dots are two of my personal favorites. I need to hang out with you more often so that your creativity will rub off on me.

Jennie Blaser said...

This is so cute! I want to make one! I have no t-day decorations either! Love it.

Jennifer Davis said...

This is just adorable Diana! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!! I never use my George cartridge and had no idea something this cute could be made with it! WOW! I'm going to have to give this a go:) Thanks for the inspiration-

Regina Easter said...

wow, great job, i love this